Director of Security
Director of Security
Job Description Summary
Oversee and direct effective building security systems, manage risk mitigation programs for the daily security functions of a commercial office portfolio. Provides effective professional leadership through supervision and training of the security staff to ensure the safety and protection of the individuals, tenants, and the public within and on the premises.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise security staff through verbal communication, written directives, tutorials and quarterly training; ensure security staff is properly trained in accordance with any state regulations and building's policies and procedures
- Create and maintain officer post orders and shift schedules and ensure all posts are staffed with qualified, trained personnel
- Ensure security staff is supported and has all equipment, uniforms and supplies necessary to meet property's needs and service expectations
- Ensure strict compliance to the property owner's requirements to include professional appearance regarding uniforms, conduct, and report writing
- Assist Account Lead in managing the security profit center to include assisting with budget preparation and expense tracking
- Manage all account-specific and company required employment practices including performance management and review, discipline, and complaint investigations
- Develop and lead the building's safety program to reduce liability and mitigate risk
- Have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all building security systems to include existing access control, security electronic monitoring, and CCTV systems
- Maintain current security systems including all security electronic monitoring, CCTV, and related computer systems
- Research and provide recommendations to leadership regarding security system upgrades which may include access control, security electronic monitoring, and CCTV systems; oversee construction and installation of any security upgrades as may be required
- Establish positive working relationships with building tenants, security vendors, Police, Fire Department and Marion County emergency management
- Liaise with appropriate law enforcement, intelligence and threat assessment agencies to identify, quantify and assess security threats to the building and to provide recommendations to ownership regarding suitable mitigation measures
- Oversee the administration of tenant and visitor access control through the building systems
- Ensure all Life Safety equipment is maintained, inspected, and tested as required by state and federal regulations
- Create and maintain security manuals and equipment tutorials
- Review and maintain all security daily reports, log sheets and files
- Conduct Fire/Life safety training and drills
- Maintain an Incident Report database to track trends
- Customer and Employee Focus
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree or technical/vocational school certificate. Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Management or related field preferred
- Experience in a security related field, experience at a corporate facility headquarters or public venue preferred
- Proven experience with management, evaluation, development and motivation of staff
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of electronic monitoring, CCTV and access control systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and deliver outstanding customer service
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of security and fire/life safety systems
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.