Principal Function: The Dispatch Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating a business vertical while adhering to customer service level agreements (SLAs).
Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the dispatch staff and coordinates activities to ensure smooth operation of the dispatch process
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Evaluates current operational processes to help develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Implements operational policies, practices, and procedures to attain operating goals.
- Analyzes and implements plans to create optimized delivery solution that meets company KPIs.
- Organizes resources efficiently to ensure adherence to customer SLAs.
- Ensures adequate training of team to ensure compliance to organization's policies and customer requirements.
- Coordinates activities of team with related activities of other groups to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, delivery performance, and adherence to budget requirements.
- Prepares reports and records on operational activities for management.
- Implements and manages the customer experience with regards to daily delivery activity; identifies risk areas and implements corrective actions; proactively communicate efficiencies to customers.
- Analyzes margin reports, customer SLAs, and customer feedback; identifies issues, trends, opportunities, and process changes.
- Provides customer service support for escalated, ongoing, or specialized issues, utilizing expertise to drive solutions.
- Prepares budget reports and identifies resource and labor needs.
- Builds teams centered around customer and company success.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to the requirements of NOW Courier. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in business, supply chain, or operations; and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Previous management experience in an operational role is preferred. Previous experience working in the logistics and distribution industry is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must exhibit professionalism and be effective working with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Skillfully convey information on a wide range of topics to a diverse target audience.
- Influencing and consultative skills are critical.
- Proficient with commonly used office software, including but not limited to:
MS Word, Excel, Power
Point, Outlook, as well as telephone and internet communications.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A genuine commitment to quality on behalf of the company while building a corporate culture committed to excellence is mandatory.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (greater weights may be required with the use of an assistive device). The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. However, job duties will require occasional work in a warehouse environment with moderate safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
As an award-winning company, our employees are the most important force driving our continued success. We offer a challenging and supportive environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute
- that's why 93% of current employees would recommend NOW Courier to a friend for employment according to our annual Culture Audit.
We invite you to explore our company and bring your skills and expertise to our highly talented team of professionals who are passionate about their work.
A satisfying and rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive health care, 401k/profit sharing, paid time off, corporate philanthropy, employee & family events, and more is our commitment to you.
EOE M/W/Vets/Disabled; Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); Supplement, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).