OverviewMEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
* physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
* revenue cycle management solutions
* performance improvement consultingWe invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care. The Medical Assistant performs both clinical and administrative duties. The Medical Assistant supports patient care by taking medical histories and recording vital signs of patients as well as administrative duties such as requesting and updating patient medical records, filing and preparing correspondence for patients or members of the healthcare team.
Responsibilities* Greet and escort patient to exam room, gather patient history, measure vital signs and document all information in patient medical chart.
* Assists physicians in preparing and conducting office procedures.
* Give instructions to patients as directed by physician, advanced practitioner or nursing staff.
* Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
* Ensure exam rooms are clean and stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments and prepare sterilization as required.
* Screens telephone calls for referrals to nurse or physician.
* Triage and process messages from patients, front office staff, referring physicians and pharmacies to physicians.
* Maintains patient files, records and other information.
* Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records as requested.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Communicates effectively and courteously with and demonstrates a caring attitude toward patients and family.
* Treats all patients and their families with dignity and respect.
* Follows universal precautions, OSHA standards and HIPAA regulations.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
* Performs other assigned duties as directed. Qualifications.
EducationLevel: Diploma from an accredited program for Medical Assistants required.
MA Certification preferred.
ExperienceYears: 1+ years' experience in office based setting preferred.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Maintain CPR certification. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.