Power Methodology Architect
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NX
P is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
NXP Austin is looking for a skilled Power Methodology Architect within Design Enablement organization. The mission of the "Design Enablement" organization is to work closely with project design teams to define and develop advanced techniques and methods required to meet our project needs. This international organization defines and supports all Digital design methodologies globally, across the entire company. The candidate will contribute, within an international team, to the development, deployment and support of flows and tools used in NXP for New Product Development.
Job goal for this position are to work closely with the project team to drive and define the overarching methodology around power measurement, analysis, and reporting for advance automotive architectures in the 5nm process.
Candidates must have broad experience with power and how it is handled through the design flow, from product definition to product implementation and verification. Will be expected to communicate with local customers and global management.
The Role s responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Design Team partners in developing next generation power methodology for automotive applications.
- Work with engineers from multiple disciplines to understand requirements and then pull the requirements together into a strategy for meeting NXP s power analysis/estimation goals.
- Code and support flow and automation around DFT methodology such that it is deployable to a wide customer base.
- Work with global team to identify opportunities for alignment on best practices and how to converge.
- He / she should be able to provide expertise related to a defined area of technical competence (see technical skills listed below).
Candidate profile search
- Experience with Power Estimation, Analysis and measurement in front end, back end, and silicon stages of flow.
- Experience with interaction of power estimation through out the flow and how it matures.
- Experience with Synopsys and Cadence implementation tools.
- Experience with power modeling in IP deliveries and hierarchical SoCs
- Excellent programming skills in Tcl, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with data management (Design
- Practical knowledge of UNIX/LINUX environment.
- 7+ yrs experience
- BSEE or MSEE required
Proactive communication within the team, with customers, and vendors.
Self motivated and able to drive an idea from concept to reality.
Customer oriented and motivated attitude.
Flexible, ability to adapt to schedule changes.
Ability to embrace and thrive in a global team.
Curiosity to extend the impact of its mission to all design stages
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NX
P will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.