Production Supervisor - El Paso, TX
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, WI, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
The Production Supervisor monitors employees to ensure safe and efficient work is completed according to quality and production standards
- Supervise and manage department-including employee evaluations. Feedback and communication on the shop floor
- Update and maintain time and attendance in computer system
- Update and maintain production records and reports
- Attend meetings, communicate and interact with others
- Responsible for daily production goals
- Reports unsafe issues and ensures employees are using PPE correctly
- Responsible for audits on a daily basis (quality procedures)
- Participate in production and safety meetings
- Always follow all company Safety Policy and Procedures
- Lead by Example
- The ability to meet the requirements of the job with or without accommodation
- The ability to read, write, and speak English
- The ability to accurately read a measuring tape and ruler; the ability to use basic shop math; the ability to learn and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED or up to 1 to 12 months related experience or combination Vocational/Technical/Business School or 2 to 3 years related experience or combination
- 2-3 related experience preferrably in a corrugated industry
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Office and the ability to learn other company software s in place while in training
- Excellent communication skills both oral and in writing, able to work flexible hours to include weekends & Holidays as required/needed
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.