Senior Lifeguard - Part-Time/Seasonal
Parks and Recreation will continue to hire seasonal staff for summer programming. Applicants should be prepared to interview virtually or by phone, so please make sure that you have provided a current phone number on your application and have also set up voicemail. The City of Henderson is seeking enthusiastic team players to provide premier public service in our award-winning Parks & Recreation Department. This seasonal temporary position will not exceed the length of the summer pool season (May
- August). Senior Lifeguards who complete the summer pool season may be considered for part-time Lifeguard vacancies. Under immediate supervision, supervises the day-to-day work and activities of part-time recreation and aquatics staff in City aquatics facilities to ensure public safety and compliance with rules and regulations; coordinates aquatics activities, events and programs; provides customer service; and performs related duties as assigned. Click here to view a complete copy of the job description. Because Senior Lifeguard positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson, work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs. Candidates for this position will be subject to post-offer drug testing (NRS 613(1) (d)).MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
* High school diploma within three (3) months of hire.
* One (1) year of experience as a lifeguard and/or swim instructor, preferably working in an aquatics recreation program.
* Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
* Possess and maintain a valid Nevada, or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
* Must possess Starfish Aquatics Institute certifications in the following areas at the time of application:
* First Aid
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
* Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
* Bloodborne Pathogens
* Swim Instruction
Incumbents must possess or have the ability to obtain Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification through the Starfish Aquatics Institute within 30 days of hire. Incumbents must obtain Star
Guard Lifeguard Instructor certification through the Starfish Aquatics Institute within three (3) months of hire as a condition of continued employment. Desirable Certifications:
* The following Starfish Aquatics Institute Certifications are desirable:
* Lifeguard Instructor Trainer
* Swim Instructor Trainer
Professional certification in Springboard Diving, Swim Coach, Arthritis and/or Water Aerobics instruction. Southern Nevada Health District Certified Pool Operator (CPO), National Recreation and Parks Association Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO). All required certifications as mandated by state and federal laws, or as required by the City, must be obtained and maintained as a condition of continued employment and may be at the incumbent's expense.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1) Completed Employment Application2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESSYou will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and phone number voicemail you provided on your application. We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process. Please add ...@cityofhenderson.com, ...@governmentjobs.com, and ...@governmentjobs.com to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder. Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.