Service Technician – Automotive
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License PREFFERED
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Gay Family started selling and servicing cars in 1948. Gay Buick, GM
C and Gay Family KIA has indeed grown!
Eighty percent of our business is repeat and referred customers. We know that the dedication and longevity of our employees is the major factor in the 67 years of our success we’ve had in the automobile business. The Gay Family continues that tradition today.