Sr. Principal Memeber of Technical Staff
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc. As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.*Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.*Senior Member of Technical Staff, DeveloperDo you want the challenge of working in a cutting-edge environment, solving technical problems, identifying improvements, and implementing your recommendations?
This role lets you design, develop, troubleshoot, debug software for controlling and managing distributed services, multi-level abstractions, end-end automation, monitoring and telemetry, asset management and all activities to deliver infrastructure services via code. If you have hands-on experience with analyzing, designing, testing, and implementing solutions, this key role might be for you.*What You'll Do*Take ownership for the architecture, design, implementation, testing and operations of overall infrastructure automation platform. Build repeatable templates for common functions and deliver them as well define and reusable APIs.
* Engineer/enhance solutions to meet business required levels of cost, reliability, performance and functionality.
* Collaborate on requirements; work with various stakeholders to engineer and improve solution offerings.
* Analyze best practices and emerging concepts in Infrastructure Platform development*What You Need to Have*You need to have the following knowledge, skills, and experience: Education and Work Experience
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
* Expertise in building highly-scalable distributed solutions, exposing services as APIs (SOAP and REST), understanding of data models using relational databases and NoSQL.
* Experience in Asset management and configuration management aspects of cloud infrastructure.
* Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline with working knowledge of container management and orchestration tools.
* Track record of delivering assigned projects on time with high quality, using Agile, DevOps, and SRE practices and toolsets.
* Mentor team members and provide architectural guidance and lead detailed code reviews
* **Technical Qualifications:*
* Preference for demonstrated practical experience with the following technologies:
* Expert level programming skills in Java and/or Python, experience with Object Oriented Programming and Design, memory management, multi-threaded apps and client/server programming (both sync and async).
* Expert in at least one of (Spring boot , Dropwizard) microservices framework
* Hands on experience of automated testing frameworks .
* Know-how of scripting/automation languages (PERL, Python, Bash etc.)
* Good to have experience with infrastructure or network automation tools and protocols e.g. chef, ansible.
* *Hands on experience understanding of Containers*
* Hands on experience with implementing various design patterns*Soft Skill Qualifications:*
* Good written and oral communication skills. Should be able to clearly convey your thoughts and ideas to others.
* Committed self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with personnel at all levels in the organization*What The Perfect Candidate Will Have:*In addition to the knowledge, skills, and experience listed above, you will score some extra points if youalso have:
* Past experience of breaking monolith application into microservices
* Led design and development of REST API at cloud scale
* *Past experience in building SDK's and Graph services*
* **Direct Recruiter Contact: ...@oracle.com*
* **/ /**/At Oracle, we don't just value differences-we celebrate them. We're committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion./*
* is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.***Job:*
* **Product Development***Organization:*
* *Sr. Principal Memeber of Technical Staff***Location:*
* *United States***Requisition ID:*