STEAM Enrichment Instructor
Snapology is one of the best Children's Enrichment franchises in the country!
You ll love our core values and curriculum. Snapology s approach is based on proven research that children s best learning experiences come from actively creating, designing, interacting and inventing. Come join our team today!
The primary focus of a STEAM Enrichment Instructor will be to teach Snapology programs.
STEAM Enrichment Instructor are asked to promote creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving skills while educating students on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) concepts. Programs are conducted for children ages 3-14, although not all instructors are required to teach all age groups. This role requires internal collaboration and communication with Snapology leadership as well as representing the Snapology organization to parents & children with a high degree of professionalism.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead groups of up to 24 students through curriculum-guided activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Snapology
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies
- Adequately prepare for each program by reading curriculum, watching training videos and/or participating in face-to-face training sessions
- Handle inquiries from parents regarding Snapology programs
- Encourage students & parents to enroll students in future Snapology programs
- Participate in periodic Snapology training & staff meetings, as required
- Current State Fingerprint is preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience working with children in a classroom or camp environment
- Education degree or teaching experience recommended, teachers, pursuing a degree in education will also be considered for this position
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Weekday after-school and/or evening classes
- Weekend workshops and/or birthday parties
- Summer camps
- Special events, holiday and break workshops
This position is part-time. Depending on candidate availability and the time of year, STEAM Enrichment Instructor typically work between 6-20 hours per week.