Store Loss Prevention Manager-*New StoreDescription
Were buildingsomething new in Victor, NY. A destination devoted to sports.
A place where thecommunity will gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, werebuilding a leadership team that will dream big, obsess over the athlete (ourcustomer), inspire teammates and challenge every normal thing about retail.
As a Store Loss Prevention Manager, you will support the
Store Leadership team in achieving company objectives by managing all Loss
Prevention programs and policies within the store. This key role will have thetremendous responsibility of keeping our teammates, our athletes and our storesafe.
In addition you may provide multi-store support with regardto external theft mitigation and combatting Organized Retail Crime trends. Thisincludes networking with law enforcement, loss prevention professionals andother retailers to identify and create comprehensive case files for repeatexternal theft perpetrators and minimize exposure to loss and fraud. Thisposition will further support the District Loss Prevention Manager(s) byconducting awareness training, root cause analysis and threat assessments.The role youll play:
External & Internal Theft Identification &Resolution
- Detection, investigation, and documentation ofOrganized Retail Crime, and other violations of law and/or company policy.
- Oversee case development and disposition andeffectively manage multiple case assignments.
- Utilization of analytics, social media and thirdparty websites to initiate and support investigations.
- Monitor for indicators of external and internalloss and report any and all circumstances or incidents to the District Loss
- Utilization of covert equipment within DICKSSporting Goods policy
- Proactively monitor controls and conduct localand remote surveillance to identify possible dishonest activity internal andexternal.
- Utilize point of sale exception reporting toolsand cash over / short reports to identify and react to abnormal or suspiciousactivity and training opportunities.
- Respond to and investigate all instances ofreported and suspected dishonesty and abuse, conduct integrity and witnessinterviews, gather and maintain appropriate evidence and support disciplinaryand prosecution.
- Effectively network with retail and governmentresources to identify, investigate and address organized retail crimeactivities.
- Support, promote and actively demonstratecompany values related to customer service.
- Provide ad hoc support for the general needs ofthe business as necessary.
- Trains all store associates and managers onCompany Loss Prevention programs to ensure compliance.
- Work with DLPM and store director to identifypriorities and develop appropriate operational and profit improvementstrategies.
- Analyze key metrics to identify operationaldeficiencies and financial risks, develops tactics to improve.
- Conducts ongoing MES training, ensures timelycompletion of certification programs, assists with all new-hire training and in-depthtraining for specialized positions.
- Conducts regular review of operational processesfor compliance
- SIM, Transfers, Claims, RT
Vs, SFS, BOPIS and Known Loss
Reporting. Develops tactics for improvement as necessary.
- Schedule and conduct required loss prevention, operations and safety related audits.
- Responsible for conducting store Loss Preventionassessments to ensure compliance with company processes and legal requirements.
- Assists Store Director with planning, training,preparing and execution of the annual inventory.
- Serves as the Shrink Coach and is responsiblefor all related duties, including executing the store Shrink Business Plan andRed Alert program requirements.
- Ensures compliance with physical buildingsecurity to include monthly alarm tests, alarm call response and store alarmcall list is maintained.
- Ensuresthe safety and security of teammates, athlete and property per localregulations.
- Completessafety, security, and compliance audits and trainings.
- Partners with DLPM and LP Coordinator to resolveany alarm and CCTV issues.
- Ensures any key or safe combination changesoccur upon changes in management.
- Assist in creating, maintaining and ensuring compliance of safety related standard operating procedures for the building, service areas, climbing wall and field
QualificationsThe experience were looking for:
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 3 years of loss prevention or relatedretail experience
- Certified Forensic Interview, preferred
- Loss Prevention Certified, preferred
- Flexible availability including nights, weekend,and holidays
- Excellent communication, operations andorganizational skills
- A proven track record of leading acustomer-first team
- Strong relationship building experience
- A passion for relentless improvement, embracingand driving positive change
DICKS Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.